On the night that I heard about Alton Sterling’s death, I cooked for my family like I hadn’t done in months….Steak, gravy with mushrooms, sweet potatoes, cabbage and rice. I aimed to fill their bellies with warmth and love.
Natural Hair Vlogger, Honestly Chic shares her quick, go-to healthy recipe that she cooks at least once a week. “I eat Salmon weekly because it has omega fatty acids which are great for the body and hair.”
Baked Salmon with Roasted Asparagus and Wild Rice Recipe
2lbs of Salmon or Wild Sockeye Salmon
1 Bunch of Asparagus
1 Box of Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice
¼ of Sliced Red Onion
1 Tablespoon of Capers
Old Bay Seasoning
EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
2 Cooking glass dishes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Slice red onions into 2in slices.
- Place salmon in glass dish. Place red onions in salmon and in the dish.
- Follow the same steps with capers. Place capers in the salmon and in the dish.
- Season salmon with old bay season.
- Pour ¼ cup of water in dish and place salmon in the oven for 25 minutes without a cover.
- Cut the ends of asparagus in a diagonal manner.
- Place asparagus in a glass dish and lightly drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Lightly season asparagus with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Place asparagus in the oven for 20min.
- Follow the instructions on the Uncle Bens rice box. Place 2 ¼ cups of water in a pot, 1 tablespoon of butter and rice in the pot. Cook rice on medium heat until water is absorbed.
- Immediately remove the salmon from the oven after twenty-five minutes, place the salmon on a plate and serve with the asparagus and rice.
Melissa Denise shares her DIY hot oil treatment recipe and the benefits of adding h.o.t. to our hair regimen.
“Big Sis likes Big Hair.” DiscoveringNatural gives her take on how to create quick summer styles for kids.
Summer cocktails aren’t just for a Friday night out with the girls. Mo Knows Hair shows us how to treat our hair to a budget-friendly cocktail.
Summertime and weddings go hand in hand. BlakIzBeautyful demonstrates how to transform a twist-out into a cascading style that can be worn at a summer wedding or any formal event.